- What is RightNOW Women PAC?
- Why was RightNOW Women PAC formed?
- How are we different from other women’s efforts?
- What are the expectations of the PAC Founders and PAC Advisors?
RightNOW Women PAC is focused on increasing the number of elected Republican women to federal office through direct PAC contributions as well as grassroots support. The PAC is dedicated to engaging younger women to support female candidates through low dollar, high volume fundraising events and grassroots engagement. We also engage our Advisor-level members (39+) to provide financial support and candidate advice.
Though RightNOW Women PAC was launched in 2014, many of those involved in the PAC first got together in the 1990’s to engage more young women in politics. After the 2012 presidential election, in which Republicans struggled with the women's vote (particularly unmarried women under 30 who favored President Obama by 18 percent), the challenge before us became clear: To win more elections in 2014 and beyond, we would need to increase our efforts to mobilize young female voters to support center-right candidates and causes.
One of the ways to address the disconnect between the Republican Party and female voters is to increase the number of Republican women holding elected office. Currently, Republican women only hold 13 seats in the U.S. House of Representatives (a 25-year low) and 8 seats in the U.S. Senate. By comparison, Democratic women hold 89 seats in the House and 17 in the Senate. Republicans have never had more than 25 women serving in the House (a record set in 2006). We can and must do better by ensuring that Republican women candidates have the early resources and support they need to make it across the finish line.
To accomplish this mission, RightNOW Women PAC was established to:
- Support and endorse qualified, viable Republican female candidates for federal office. We will communicate our endorsements and seek critical resources for women selected by RightNOW Women PAC who are running for elected office.
- Expand our membership throughout the United States and build our network. There will be two levels of participation: a founder level focused on younger women and an advisory level.
- Inform our membership and others about key issues and encourage young Republican female leaders to participate in the public policy arena and consider running for office.
- Mobilize members to vote on Election Day for our candidates and encourage them to persuade their friends and neighbors to do the same. We will accomplish these goals through a rigorous and targeted social media effort.
RightNOW Women PAC shares the same goal as other center-right women's efforts: to support qualified, viable Republican women candidates for federal office. There are many credible groups dedicated to this mission, and each has chosen a unique way of achieving success. RightNOW Women PAC's focus on actively engaging young professional women, encouraging them to get involved in Republican politics, is what sets us apart from other organizations.
We believe that working together, wherever legally possible, will ultimately benefit our shared mission. We are here to complement efforts of other groups to further the goal of increasing the number of Republican women in federal office.
RightNOW Women PAC Founders (women age 39 or under) will each donate $120 for 2020 membership dues, serve as a host for each fundraiser, and get at least five women/men to attend each fundraising event. They will be listed on promotional materials and fundraisers.
RightNOW Women PAC Advisors (women 40+) will each donate $1020 for 2020 membership dues. They will be asked to recruit other women at both levels and provide strategic political advice on the selection of candidates to support. They will be listed on promotional materials and fundraisers.
Anyone can support the PAC without being a member of either category.